Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Dummy Schedule  (Read 4329 times)

Riger

• Former member
[-] Dummy Schedule
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
Hello all,

I have tried to look through all the requests but could not find one like this so I hope I have not overlooked such a feature request....

I think there is a huge planning advantage in being able to create dummy aircraft (from all valid types on the market) and to apply (and save) schedules to them to get a sense of the ranges and timings for different schedules/aircraft/routes.  These could be applied (transferred) to aircraft when they become part of the fleet or even kept as planned future schedule changes. Obviously there may be slot time issues, so they will need to be validated when being transferred to owned/leased aircraft.

Best Regards
Richard.

-Rigair-
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:25:01 AM by sami »

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Dummy Schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »
I'm sorry, perhaps I'm missing what you mean, but can't you do exactly that now?

Using either Route Planning or Create New Route, you can create a route to anywhere using any plane, whether or not you actually own it.  Then it's a saved route like any other, just not being flown, and all you've got to do is move it over when/if the plane arrives.  The system even does the slot validation that you describe when you get around to moving the route over (as it will only hold a slot on a non-flown route for 2 months, so you can be putting a route on a plane that has no confirmed slots).  I use this feature all the time when fleet planning.  It's also useful for slot hoarding, as you can steal slots you don't have the planes to fly yet.  Your costs go up though, as unflown routes incur some labor and slot costs.

The only thing you can't do is plot it out on one of the scheduling diagrams.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
Sigma,

You said:  "The only thing you can't do is plot it out on one of the scheduling diagrams."

That is what I am saying,  the ability to put multiple routes into a schedule and to plot it out, even with aircraft you do not own.  At the moment (unless I am missing something) you cannot even plan a route with a "potential" aircraft type unless you have actually have (or have paid for) one.

Does that make more sense?

Regards
Richard

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 03:33:02 PM »
That is what I am saying,  the ability to put multiple routes into a schedule and to plot it out, even with aircraft you do not own.  At the moment (unless I am missing something) you cannot even plan a route with a "potential" aircraft type unless you have actually have (or have paid for) one.

Does that make more sense?

That would be a very good idea, in my opinion.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »
I would say that most of the time it wouldn't be particularly useful and that throwing a couple routes on a plane is pretty straightforward whether there's time or not.  But I suppose there occassions, particularly when creating long international routes, that the length of the flight and the days it takes, does make it quite a bit more difficult to visualize how the routes you're planning all interact with one another and still leave time for A checks.  I can see why it'd be good to have in those cases in particular.

Marco

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
I do not see a great interest in this, as on the overall long-haul flying the aircraft substantially at the same speed ... but not against the same rated  ???

djnekkid

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »
why dont you just use excel or even notepad?

example:
Route1:
depart 0700,
arrive 0900
75 min turnaround

depart 1015
arrive 1215

Now you need another 75 min turnaround, i.e. depart again 1330

route2:
depart 1330
arrive 1445
75min turn
depart 1600
arrive 1715

another 75 mins, 1830

route 3:
depart 1830
arrive 2000
+75mins
depart 2115
arrive 2245

A/B-maintanance

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:13:41 AM »
why dont you just use excel or even notepad?

I do use Notepad and sometimes even Excel. The point is that the game could provide tools to make this kind of planning easier.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
The point is that the game could provide tools to make this kind of planning easier.

Thank you, my point exactly.

Best Regards
Richard

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
This is why I try to stick to very few types of aircraft.  After awhile, I get used to distance a plane can travel.

Also, feel free to have an extra 10-15 minutes in there.  When there are delays, they will start to stack up until a flight has to be cancelled.  It is painful to have a 4 leg flight get cancelled because you squeeze every minute out of a plane.

For my USA airlines, I used to start with the redeye flight where it leaves before 2300 and arrives after 0500 local.  Then after it returns, I see how much time is left to do the next flight.   Sadly, it takes tons of experience.   DONT calculate flights solely by distance/speed.  The sim does take into account landing and takeoff times.   This is why 744Ds are simply stupid to fly unless you have almost no slots left at your airport.  On anything under 500nm, take a prop;  they seem to work great.

djnekkid

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »
in the current ATB game i started just a year ago, and i leased a 737-800 with a HD configuration (189pax iirc)and did put it on a 250nm route, with 70min turnaround, and it could do 4 or 5 flights per day, where i after one two weeks could lease another (with loan). And after this have i gotten new planes on similar routes, makeing me good money and i could expand quite fast. Mainly 737s, 738s, and lately A320 and 321's (as the market for 737/8 did stall)

Online [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »
What happened to this request? it would be very useful.

I did some photoshopping as to how my "vision" of it is. Dont laugh!  :laugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
This would be great :)

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »
I agree.  It would definately help in strategic planning.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »
For me this would be an excellent means to plan some new sectors with new a/c types before committing the $$.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 02:59:53 AM »
I absolutely agree with you guys. I think this would really help in planning what you can/will do with certain aircraft without actually buying it first, and having to wait for it to arrive for you to plan it out. kind of makes it annoying when I have to do that. :P

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »
Sami,

Can you comment on this request?

Thanks

Best Regards
Richard

Online Tim

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »
You CAN now plan routes on any available a/c types, even you haven't them in your fleet. I don't think we really need to create virtual schedules, I think that transfer shedule between fleet groups is more useful, because I already had some situations when I need to transfer routes from old 732 (I'd started with them) to new A320, and from old 734 to new 737NG. This a/c has same speed and turn-around times, and same flight time on shorthaul routes.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »
Tim,

With respect, the previous post was directed at Sami.  As it turns out, I agree with your request and I have said as much in the thread intended for discussion on that matter. This does not change my request to have dummy/virtual schedules even though, the ability to transfer the virtual schedules to live ones would be superb and in line with your request.

Regards

Richard

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
I believe it is helpful, I'm having a new plane comming in and since i want to merge it with the other one's I have it would be easy to just have a fake route system so you don't have to buy slots and later find out that they can't even be in there.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.