Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Value Calculation and Bankruptcy  (Read 2005 times)

• Former member
Company Value Calculation and Bankruptcy
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
Hi guys,

I seem to be encountering a potentially severe problem: I have just ordered a new plane and paid the upfront demand. When ordering the plane, I still needed one 1 million USD in cash to pay the final load. As the manufacturer told me to deliver the plane in three months, that was not a problem at all. Now, they rescheduled to delivery within 14 days. So, I might have to take on a loan. My question is, whether taking on a loan will force my company value in the red and put me under bankruptcy proceedings or not? I don't want to buy the plane and have to sell it right again. Any ideas or experience? Thanks. Urgent, time ticking...

• Former member
Re: Company Value Calculation and Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »
If you are able to get a loan and make the loan payments, there is no problem. You would be facing bankruptcy if you didn't take a loan, and your cash balance was negative for several real days.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
Well, the cash balance might turn to negative for one game week. But I can add the plane value on top, so company value should be highly positive. Then I could of course take on a credit with the new plane as security asset. But can I go in the red so the payment is made and I can then take on a credit OR will the payment not be made the plane thus not delivered? Thanks.  :-[

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »
BK warning is usually only given, if you have been on the red for a longer period, you are on the red many millions, and your income is negative (BK warning could be given, though, if you are making losses and profit every other week, thus end up making losses when compared the whole month...).

So, if you take out a loan to buy the plane (or even if you didn't and you could buy the plane with your cash going into negative), you most likely won't end up in being given a BK warning. And, even if you are (highly unlikely), you still have 6 days to get rid of it, which should be no problem as long as you make some profit every week.

Edit: Added 2nd paragraph.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:34:54 PM by Jps »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.